Mike Gallant is a water resources engineer who has been working on the planning, design, and construction of river engineering, water resources, and stormwater management projects since 2004. He has a wide range of specialist expertise including hydrology and hydraulics analysis and modelling, stormwater modelling and design, ground bioengineering, fisheries habitat design, and erosion and sediment control. Mike received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. from the University of New Brunswick where he specialized in the ecohydraulic design and construction of fish habitat enhancement structures.
Recent project experience includes the design and construction of bioengineered riverbank protection and fish habitat enhancements, stormwater master drainage planning, and LEED-compliant stormwater management systems.
- River Restoration, Bioengineering, and Fish Habitat
- Hydrologic & Hydraulic Analysis and Modelling
- Stormwater Analysis and Modelling
- Planning, Design and Construction
- Masters of Science, Civil Engineering – Water Resources, University of New Brunswick, 2006
- Bachelors of Science, Civil Engineering (First Division), University of New Brunswick, 2004
Awards & Recognition:
- University of New Brunswick Young Alumni of the Year
- NSERC Canada Graduate Scholarship